Over the last few years, gift-giving has dwindled in my household.
I’ve realised that accumulating ‘stuff’ for every single special occasion can do more harm than good. Of course, everyone has their own opinion on this.
As long as our homes are liveable and your items do not cause distress or exhaustion, keep living your best life!
Today’s post will list 30 clutter-free gift ideas for those who are doing last-minute Christmas preparations. I’ve also included a few re-usable gift wrapping ideas!
- Day spa or massage voucher
- Day trip e.g. local beach, walking trail, waterfall look-out
- Short class/lesson e.g. cooking class, paint-and-sip, dancing
- Super-car racing
- Travel tickets
- Helicopter flight
- Concert or festival tickets
- Escape room
- Book exchange
- DIY Christmas card with a personalised message/art
Edible or Consumable Gifts
- Mini pies — dessert or savoury
- Wine (from a local winery)
- Charcuterie plate (served fresh)
- Seasonal items: fruit basket, aged meat, local chocolate, sun protection items (if in summer), cold/wind protection items (if in winter)
- Homemade ice cream (there are also amazing dairy-free ideas floating around the internet)
- DIY Organisational Diary (for career, art, spiritual journey, daily journal)
- “Care package” for loved ones with their favourite summer food/drink
- Natural ingredient deodorant, shampoo, skin care products
- Specialty food from overseas (if travelling — check customs regulations)
- Help create a financial plan/goal check list
- Build flat-pack furniture for a loved one
- Interior decor session
- Planning a birthday/special occasion
- Organising clothes/household items
- “Claimable” tickets for chores around the house
- Manicure/pedicure at home or at a salon
- Wall painting/mural
You can use spare magazines, newspaper or even baking paper to wrap presents.
In the past, I have used floral magazine pages and white baking paper for gifts. I also used spare ribbon (from my craft box) to add some colour and style!
Re-usable wrapping items like scarves, large hankies or re-purposed CLEAN bedding can also be helpful and stylish!
I hope these ideas spark some inspiration this Christmas! (Or any special occasion for that matter!)
Gift-giving doesn’t have to break the bank or cause you to go into debt. Quality time with loved ones and a nourishing meal can be a cherished gift for all!
Please note that clutter-free gifts doesn’t mean you can’t spoil the person you love with something that is material. These ideas are suggestions that can be used in conjunction with your plans.
PSA: If you are in Australia and experiencing the current heat-wave and require assistance, head here:
- SA HEALTH — Heatwave
- Red Cross — Heatstroke or Heat exhaustion information
- For life-threatening emergencies, call 000